Rules Of Conduct
- Ask if there is a dispatcher before moving or spawning a train. If a Dispatcher is on duty, always ask for permission before moving or spawning a train.
- Do not spawn a train in front of another player's train.
- Obey all speed limits. See the Route Maps for locations.
- Obey all signal indications
- Do not leave mainline handthrow switches open.
- Obey "one-way" or "directional" running rules.
- Do not change the Hump Controller Track Tags.
- Dispatchers are not allowed to operate a train at the same time.
The Depot operates on a 2-Strike Policy. Any violation of a rule may result in a strike on your account.
1st Strike = Warning
2nd Strike = Indefinite Ban
Our Two-Strike Policy does not mean you will be removed forever if you make an innocent mistake twice. If you violate our rules inexcusably you may be warned that the next infraction will result in your removal from the server. However, deliberate interference with other players, or any behavior thought to detract from the philosophy and purpose of The Depot, may result in revocation of membership without a warning.
The Depot has a zero tolerance policy for piracy and EULA violators. Users who support or found to have pirated Run 8 software, ask other members to send them Run 8 software, or any other action that violates the EULA such as distributing modified files/skins will be immediately removed.
- The only trains you're allowed to spawn on The Depot Servers are trains that would exist in the real world on the relevant routes.
- No more than 6 motors on the head-end.
- 1 Caboose per train.
- Amtrak trains must be run with Amtrak Power. Only 1 Amtrak per direction per subdivision on the Mojave Server.
Speed Limits (Used By The Depot)
|Train Type or Signal Indication
||Maximum Authorized Speed (unless Restricted)
||Needles - 90 Elsewhere - 79
|Intermodal, Autorack, Modern Reefer or Piggyback
|All Other Freight
|Limited Speed (CSX)
|Medium Speed (CSX)
|Slow Speed (CSX)
|Restricted Speed & within yard limits
||Maximum Train Length
||BNSF - 12,000'
UP - 8,000'
||#1, #2, #52, #52, #91, #92, #97, #98
|Mohawk / Selkirk
|| #281, #283, #284, #288, #63, #64, #48, #49