Today Run 8 Studios has released Run 8 Train Simulator Version 2 for $50.
Visit http://www.run8studios.com/run82.shtml to purchase.
Version 2 brings to numerous changes to Run 8 Train Simulator. Here's a list of some of them in no particular order:
- New 64-bit support system. The 2GB memory limit is a thing of the past
- Abililty to import your existing Run 8 V1 routes and convert your v1 add-on car/loco packs. (See User Guides)
- AI Train System. AI trains follow track speed and signal indications. AI Freight trains crew change at designated locations while AI passenger trains stop at station stops.
- SD70ACE units included in BNSF, UP, CSX and Run 8 liveries
- SD45-2 and SD40T-2 in Run 8 livery
- Palmdale Cutoff Extension has been added to the Mojave Sub
- Needles Subdivision now included
- Multiple Avatars now available. Conductors are available to appear when you crew a train as well.
- Weather effects (Clouds, fog, haze) have been added.
- Updated Dispatch Boards that show train information tags, open switches and fleeting of signals.
- Fully Featured Industry Configuration System
- New Consist Editor and AI permissions for hosts.
- Routes are based on Regions now so all routes in a region will automatically load up together when you enter the sim world.
- Updated Hump controller options, such as having multiple sets of hump tag lists.
- Horns and Bells can be changed via menu screen
- Built-in Train Tagger
- Ability to teleport to the Block Indicator icons (and not just switch icons now)
- and lots more....